3 Proven Methods on How to Hang a Skateboard on a Wall
Skateboarding is a popular sport that people of all ages enjoy. It’s also one of the many activities that can be done in your free time. One thing you may want to do with yours, especially if it sits in the corner collecting dust, is hanging it on a wall. There are several ways to do this, and today we’re going to look at three methods for how to hang a skateboard on a wall!
Methods of Hanging Your Skateboard on a Wall
There are different ways to hang your skateboard on a wall. All of them are easy enough that anyone can do it. However, in this guide, we’ll be covering the three best and easy ways on how to hang a skateboard on a wall.
1. Rope Hanger
The first and most straightforward way to hang your skateboard on a wall is by using the rope hanger. This technique requires two ropes, one shorter than the other, with hooks attached at either end of each.
To use this method for how to hang a skateboard on a wall:
- Take both lengths of rope and tie them together in an overhand knot to form loops (this will be used as our hook). Secure it tightly against any surface you want to attach to – such as studs or beams behind the drywall that are otherwise hard to find. Make sure it’s level before tightening knots!
- Put the board backside facing outwards and carefully put the front foot near the edge and rest weight onto heel/toe.
- Keeping the board flat, grab the edge of the skateboard on a wall with one hand and place loop over wheel/tire. Adjust as needed until it is stable but not too tight or loose. If you are having trouble adjusting your rope hanger, use clamps or attachable hooks for easy adjustments!
- Finally, pull the board backside facing outwards towards the side where you want the wheels to be hanging and repeat steps from before in reverse order. Put front foot near the edge and rest weight onto heel/toe.
- Now, adjust the rope hanger as needed by pulling tightly on either end until it is stable but not too taut or loose; make sure it’s not too close to the wall (you don’t want to damage your board by hitting it with a skateboard that is hanging).
- Finally, tighten rope hanger tension and test how to hang a skateboard on a wall. If you have clamps or attachable hooks, use them for easy adjustments!
2. Wall Mount
Wall mounting is a great way to hang your skateboard on the wall. Wall mounts are sold in various lengths, with each end having a screw that will slide through the board and into studs, masonry, or drywall.
For best results, you should find two muscular studs at least an inch apart (but make sure they’re not too close together) and drill from both sides of the boards using screws that can go through wood up to four inches thick!
Mounting above eye level isn’t recommended because it could cause injury if someone falls while skating off-balance; this position also takes up more space.
Follow these steps to use this method for hanging your skateboard on the wall:
- Select a location for your board (preferably one with studs)
- Outline the skateboard on the wall where it will be placed
- Drill holes through both boards and into the studs using screws that can go through wood up to four inches thick
- Hang from mounting brackets by clicking them into the holes you drilled
- Hang an inch apart (but make sure they’re not too close together) and drill from both sides of the boards using screws that can go through wood up to four inches thick!
3. The Fishing Line
The Fishing Line Method is a great place to start if you don’t have any mounting hardware on hand. This method works exceptionally well with thin boards (less than one inch thick).
How to Hang a Skateboard Using the Fishing Line Method:
- Purchase fishing line and suitable hooks or nails for hanging from your local sporting goods store
- Cut pieces of a fishing line long enough to reach across the board, plus about three feet more; using chalk, mark where both ends will go on each side of the skateboard
- Tie a knot in one end so that it’s securely fastened through both sides of the deck
- Thread clear nylon cord or strong string through holes drilled into ceiling studs, then tie tightly at another end with a knot
- Attach hook or nail to this end of fishing line and hang
- Thread the free ends through holes drilled into ceiling studs, then tie tightly at another end with a knot
- Hang board by threading one set of lines over the hooks, holding tight while you do so; repeat on the opposite side. You now have two sets of dangling string that should be taut enough for your skateboard
- Wrap both sets around bottom truck bolts next to each deck bolt hole and pull up until they’re snug against the bracket’s edge – make sure not to tighten too much, though! This will keep them from spinning when trying to balance a skateboard on top.
- Repeat step four if needed. Hang your new wall art as desired.
In this way, one can quickly and safely hang their skateboard on the wall. I hope this guide will be helpful to anyone looking for a quick, easy way to hang their skateboard on the wall without drilling holes in walls or using nails.
You May Also Like This Blog